We must maintain in good order the property we are privileged to use, protecting the environment and natural resources." — Our Credo
The health of our lives here on earth is dependent on a healthy planet. As stated in Our Credo, we are responsible to help maintain the delicate environmental balance of our earth and to support the health and wellness of our employees and of the communities we serve.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. shares the high standards set for all Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. While our standards are high, we continue to achieve them. That’s why we’re known as one of the most environmentally responsible companies in the world.
Healthy Futures 2015 – our commitment to our environment
We set specific, long-term environmental goals every five years. Our Healthy Futures 2015 goals provide a roadmap for how we will act as a company and as employees so that we can continue our tradition of environmentally conscious achievements.
You will find that some of the goals identified in our Healthy Planet 2010 initiative may match your very own environmental goals. These include, but are not limited to:
- Environmental literacy — increase the environmental literacy of all of our employees.
- Compliance — practice full compliance of all government-issued permits and regulations in communities where we are present.
- Product stewardship — use the standards outlined in Design for Environment to improve the environmental profile of our products.
- Carbon dioxide — reduce CO2 emissions from stationary sources by 7%.
- Waste reduction — adhere to waste reduction best practices to reduce hazardous and non-hazardous waste generation by 10%.
- Paper/packaging — increase the use of product packaging and office paper derived from certified forests or made from recycled materials and eliminate PVC from packaging according to franchise plans.
- Water use — reduce water use by 10%.
Learn more about how the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is taking care of our planet:
2010 Responsibility Report
We have been recognized for our dedication to environmental sustainability. Visit our Awards & Recognition page to learn more about how our efforts are setting an example for companies around the world.