Who We Are
Caring for the World…..one person at a time inspires and unites the people at the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices and diagnostics markets.
Headquartered in New Brunswick, NJ, we are a family of more than 250 operating companies employing approximately 120,000 men and women in 57 countries. Listed on the New York Stock Exchange since 1944, the company had $61.1 billion in worldwide sales during 2007. Our Family of Companies includes:
- The world’s premier consumer health company
- The world’s largest and most diverse medical devices and diagnostics company
- The world’s third largest biologics company
- The World’s fifth-largest pharmaceutical company
2010 Fact Sheet
The Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies in Canada
There are six individual operating companies in Canada, representing the consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices and diagnostics markets.
Johnson & Johnson Inc., based in Markham, Ontario, is our consumer health care products company in Canada. Our innovative consumer and personal care products have been developed with sound science and deep insights to enrich the health & wellness of Canadians. Our consumer commercial organization is structured into four distinct business units.
- Over-the-Counter (OTC) Business Unit: McNeil Consumer Healthcare division of Johnson & Johnson Inc. provides trusted relief for pain, colds, coughs, allergies, gastro-intestinal upset and more.
- Beauty Business Unit: Trusted personal care products for your skin and hair.
- Baby Business Unit: Trusted personal care products for the ones you love.
- Consumer Healthcare Business Unit: The consumer healthcare business unit represents three distinct franchises: Wound care — trusted care for cuts, scrapes, rashes and itching Oral health — trusted care for your oral health; and Women’s health — trusted products for women’s health care needs.
In Canada, there are approximately 1,350 passionate and dedicated employees supporting the consumer business. At Johnson & Johnson Inc. approximately 400 colleagues work together in our Markham, Montreal and Guelph offices An additional 1,000 manufacturing and research and development (R&D) colleagues, work at our Guelph and Montreal manufacturing sites.
Together, we work to fulfill our purpose — BRING SCIENCE TO THE ART OF HEALTHY LIVING — By bringing this purpose to life, we strive to achieve our vision; TO BE TRUSTED TO ENRICH THE HEALTH AND WELLNESS OF EVERY CANADIAN, EVERY DAY.
Johnson & Johnson Products Inc., a manufacturing site and R&D facility based in Montreal operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week and has a staff of approximately 700 employees. Johnson & Johnson Products Inc. manufactures world-class feminine hygiene products such as STAYFREE®, CAREFREE® and o.b.® Tampons.
Our "Guelph Campus" spans more than 205,000 square feet and produces our non-prescription drugs for Canada including TYLENOL® and MOTRIN® IB and BENYLIN®.
In addition to manufacturing, Guelph is also home to our Canadian OTC Research and Development Facility — including new product development and analytical laboratory — and warehousing facilities.
Find out more about Johnson & Johnson Inc. and the other members of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies in Canada.